Evangelion: 3.0+1.0

xedalpha

Well-Known Member
#26
I suppose, still fun though. Just thought that since Ritsuko was the one who said his synch ratio was now zero, plus the EVA's reaction to that voice, and the implication of who was laying in the EVA's fist with the red eye looking up, all kind of pointed in his direction.
 

AJ_Katon

Well-Known Member
#27
Maybe it was a test for the dummy plug?
 

l3fty

Well-Known Member
#28
xedalpha said:
Evangelion: Another Impact (Confidential)

Link sort of related to the thread

Thoughts? I note they mention that harmonisation was still zero, and were trying to force it to synch with the pilot. Shinji perhaps, the ending implies it is. Either way Unit-Null was pretty awesome, as was the video if only for it being a fun watch.
I was amazed at the quality of the 3D CG, it looked flipping amazing.

Loved the clearing of the hostile skies with a single roar as well.
 

xedalpha

Well-Known Member
#29
l3fty said:
xedalpha said:
Evangelion: Another Impact (Confidential)

Link sort of related to the thread

Thoughts? I note they mention that harmonisation was still zero, and were trying to force it to synch with the pilot. Shinji perhaps, the ending implies it is. Either way Unit-Null was pretty awesome, as was the video if only for it being a fun watch.
I was amazed at the quality of the 3D CG, it looked flipping amazing.

Loved the clearing of the hostile skies with a single roar as well.
Reminded me of Unit-02 vs the JSSDF, just without the obvious use of an A.T Field, though I'm guessing it's implied that's what Null used to destroy them. Really was CG you'd expect from a live action though, unlike the CG you'd get from the Rebuild movies, which is good, lets you enjoy it for what it is without considering continuity with any real seriousness.
 
#30
I think everyone needs to just say "fuck it, let's move on" for them to make it a good movie.
 

AJ_Katon

Well-Known Member
#31
Who else is saving hundreds o dollars for the BD's?
 

l3fty

Well-Known Member
#32
AJ_Katon said:
Who else is saving hundreds o dollars for the BD's?
Will they do a US release as well, on japanese prices overblown prices?
 

DhampyrX2

Well-Known Member
#33
3.0 + 1.0... could we see the original canon cast personalities coming into convergence with the unpleasantness that was the third movie? Honestly, I was always wondering if the last three movies were just Shinji's progressing nightmares in the aftermath of Third Impact? Perhaps this one will show he never crawled out of the sea of LCL and this has just been the darker parts of his mind at work as part of instrumentality? Which would, in a sick way, make everything in the third movie his fault if he was reliving his nightmares with a darker twist each time. Maybe this will be what will push him to break free and crawl out of the Tang to the beach back in the real world?
 

MnemoD

Well-Known Member
#34
@Dhampyr
That'd be a pretty neat twist- and it'd be totally worth seeing all the naysayer's faces on that kind of plot twist.
 

da_fox2279

California Crackpot
#35
l3fty said:
AJ_Katon said:
Who else is saving hundreds o dollars for the BD's?
Will they do a US release as well, on japanese prices overblown prices?
I'd pay for the fourth movie... provided they put it out faster than they're releasing the third, which has still not seen an official U.S. release. (Thank you so fucking much, Viz!)

DhampyrX2 said:
3.0 + 1.0... could we see the original canon cast personalities coming into convergence with the unpleasantness that was the third movie? Honestly, I was always wondering if the last three movies were just Shinji's progressing nightmares in the aftermath of Third Impact? Perhaps this one will show he never crawled out of the sea of LCL and this has just been the darker parts of his mind at work as part of instrumentality? Which would, in a sick way, make everything in the third movie his fault if he was reliving his nightmares with a darker twist each time. Maybe this will be what will push him to break free and crawl out of the Tang to the beach back in the real world?
That would be wicked cool to see. I would love to see that. And would totally be the ultimate Eva mind-screw.
 

xedalpha

Well-Known Member
#36
Regretfully I'm not sure there was ever a plan overall. 3.0 and 4.0 were back in the day supposed to be released at the same time, everything feels like it's been thrown out the window between 2.0 and 3.0 and I believe Anno stated recently he hadn't even started 3.0 + 1.0. I hesitate, truly, honestly, to put it like this, but it really feels as though they're just making it up as they go along now as opposed to working to some grand pre-planned overarching plot.
 

Lord Raa

Exporter of Juice Tins
#37
Quite frankly, I don't think Anno's heart is in it any more. I mean the best way to continue trolling the otaku is to work really slowly on the next movie.

He should move on to new projects, but Eva's been good to him so he's unlikely to give up that source of income without a backup plan.
 

AJ_Katon

Well-Known Member
#38
I just hope he can get what he needs out of Eva so that it can be put to rest and he can move onto new stuff.

I like Eva but I do want new things outside of it as well.
 
#40
At this point i really believe they don't have any real plan before 3.0 and to resolve the plot after 3.0, this is going to be the Half Life 3 of the anime industry.
 

da_fox2279

California Crackpot
#41
himperion said:
At this point i really believe they don't have any real plan before 3.0 and to resolve the plot after 3.0, this is going to be the Half Life 3 of the anime industry.
Sadly, I would not be surprised. Anno seems to place even higher expectations upon himself than the fandom does.
 

byakuryuu

Well-Known Member
#42
Personally, I believe there's going to be a 13 episode mid-quel anime that explains what happened between 2 and 3. There're just too many questions as to what happened there to wonder how things got so twisted and out of control.
 

da_fox2279

California Crackpot
#43
byakuryuu said:
Personally, I believe there's going to be a 13 episode mid-quel anime that explains what happened between 2 and 3. There're just too many questions as to what happened there to wonder how things got so twisted and out of control.
Well, if there is, one can only hope Anno is only partially involved, not running the whole damn thing. Otherwise we might be looking at massive delays, huge mindfucks, or both... again.
 

l3fty

Well-Known Member
#44
There was some talk yesterday how Evangelion 3.0+1.0 is now announced for winter 2016?

Considering how Anno seems to have no idea what he wants to write I will expect him to manage to one up himself and make the worst Eva episode/movie ever, this way I have no room for dissappointment.
 

Lord Raa

Exporter of Juice Tins
#45
Disappointment is like Jello: There's always room for it.
 

da_fox2279

California Crackpot
#46
 
Top