Stories you wish you can destroy

The Ties That Bind» by MindForgedOne
A Retelling of Naruto after the time skip. No destiny crap, Talk-no-Jutsu is nerfed, fixing lore nonsense. And I will try to build up to a proper ship instead of puking it out randomly at the end like a hack. Basically, going for "Naruto Shippuuden" as it should have been. Also fixing the trash ending, eventually. I never have & never will give "Boruto" a chance. Competent Sakura.
T, English, Supernatural & Romance, chapters: 4, words: 29k+, favs: 123, follows: 185, updated: 13h ago published: Nov 13, [Naruto U., Sakura H.]
Yeah, there's not a lot I can say about this about this fic and the author that you probably can't already tell from reading the summary.

You know I can't help but notice everytime I see one these types of fics it's always by NaruSaku shippers, and that can't be a coincidence.
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
Reaper said:
The Ties That Bind» by MindForgedOne
A Retelling of Naruto after the time skip. No destiny crap, Talk-no-Jutsu is nerfed, fixing lore nonsense. And I will try to build up to a proper ship instead of puking it out randomly at the end like a hack. Basically, going for "Naruto Shippuuden" as it should have been. Also fixing the trash ending, eventually. I never have & never will give "Boruto" a chance. Competent Sakura.
T, English, Supernatural & Romance, chapters: 4, words: 29k+, favs: 123, follows: 185, updated: 13h ago published: Nov 13, [Naruto U., Sakura H.]
Yeah, there's not a lot I can say about this about this fic and the author that you probably can't already tell from reading the summary.

You know I can't help but notice everytime I see one these types of fics it's always by NaruSaku shippers, and that can't be a coincidence.
I thought that anyone who has been reading Naruto fanfiction for more than a year would hate Naru/Hina. Apparently, I was wrong.
 
AoMythology said:
Reaper said:
The Ties That Bind» by MindForgedOne
A Retelling of Naruto after the time skip. No destiny crap, Talk-no-Jutsu is nerfed, fixing lore nonsense. And I will try to build up to a proper ship instead of puking it out randomly at the end like a hack. Basically, going for "Naruto Shippuuden" as it should have been. Also fixing the trash ending, eventually. I never have & never will give "Boruto" a chance. Competent Sakura.
T, English, Supernatural & Romance, chapters: 4, words: 29k+, favs: 123, follows: 185, updated: 13h ago published: Nov 13, [Naruto U., Sakura H.]
Yeah, there's not a lot I can say about this about this fic and the author that you probably can't already tell from reading the summary.

You know I can't help but notice everytime I see one these types of fics it's always by NaruSaku shippers, and that can't be a coincidence.
I thought that anyone who has been reading Naruto fanfiction for more than a year would hate Naru/Hina. Apparently, I was wrong.
What?
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
Reaper said:
AoMythology said:
Reaper said:
The Ties That Bind» by MindForgedOne
A Retelling of Naruto after the time skip. No destiny crap, Talk-no-Jutsu is nerfed, fixing lore nonsense. And I will try to build up to a proper ship instead of puking it out randomly at the end like a hack. Basically, going for "Naruto Shippuuden" as it should have been. Also fixing the trash ending, eventually. I never have & never will give "Boruto" a chance. Competent Sakura.
T, English, Supernatural & Romance, chapters: 4, words: 29k+, favs: 123, follows: 185, updated: 13h ago published: Nov 13, [Naruto U., Sakura H.]
Yeah, there's not a lot I can say about this about this fic and the author that you probably can't already tell from reading the summary.

You know I can't help but notice everytime I see one these types of fics it's always by NaruSaku shippers, and that can't be a coincidence.
I thought that anyone who has been reading Naruto fanfiction for more than a year would hate Naru/Hina. Apparently, I was wrong.
What?
There's so much trash in the NaruHina category that even Yaoi porn doesn't compare.
 
AoMythology said:
Reaper said:
AoMythology said:
Reaper said:
The Ties That Bind» by MindForgedOne
A Retelling of Naruto after the time skip. No destiny crap, Talk-no-Jutsu is nerfed, fixing lore nonsense. And I will try to build up to a proper ship instead of puking it out randomly at the end like a hack. Basically, going for "Naruto Shippuuden" as it should have been. Also fixing the trash ending, eventually. I never have & never will give "Boruto" a chance. Competent Sakura.
T, English, Supernatural & Romance, chapters: 4, words: 29k+, favs: 123, follows: 185, updated: 13h ago published: Nov 13, [Naruto U., Sakura H.]
Yeah, there's not a lot I can say about this about this fic and the author that you probably can't already tell from reading the summary.

You know I can't help but notice everytime I see one these types of fics it's always by NaruSaku shippers, and that can't be a coincidence.
I thought that anyone who has been reading Naruto fanfiction for more than a year would hate Naru/Hina. Apparently, I was wrong.
What?
There's so much trash in the NaruHina category that even Yaoi porn doesn't compare.
Well that's not true in the least.
 
Bashing Naruto » by Mika the Supreme Ninja Naruto Uzumaki is supposed to be a hero, born of suffering... but he isn't. Hell he might actually have Borderline personality disorder... I loathe him. Here is why... there is a challenge here, please read it and give me your thoughts.
M, English, chapters: 13, words: 9k+, favs: 30, follows: 19, updated: 2h ago published: Dec 7, 2016, Naruto U., Team Seven, Team Eight, Team Ten
This isn't a fic, it's a gigantic shitty rant of a guy listing dumb reasons why he doesn't Naruto while clearly ignoring tons of stuff from canon that contradicts him.
And for some reason it remains up, and have reported every update this guy has made.
 
Her hero, His savior by Solace The Sun Master reviews
"Heroes are destined to protect the world, but who will protect them?" That is something that the king of heroes always wondered. Even after being reborn half a god and half human he didn't stop being this world's hero. But what happens when he finds an answer to that question in the form of a young heiress. Naruto/Gilgamesh, Naruto x Rias (Harem), Naruto/Overlord/DxD.
Crossover - Naruto & High School DxD/??????D×D - Rated: M - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 6 - Words: 34,505 - Reviews: 269 - Favs: 1,087 - Follows: 1,306 - Updated: Feb 18 - Published: Nov 19, 2017 - [Naruto U., Rias G.]
It's an OC as Gilgamesh as Naruto type of deal and they threw in Overlord(Anime) just for the hell of it.
 
Second Chances are Fought For » by fg7dragonSummoned by Tohsaka Rin in the Fifth Fuyuki Holy Grail War, one Uzumaki Naruto is looking forward to that wish that can grant him a new chance at life. And, if he saves a few girls along the way... well, that just business as usual for him, isn't it? Assassin Caster!Naruto. OP!Naruto.
M, English, Adventure, chapters: 4, words: 22k+, favs: 521, follows: 358, Jul 4, Naruto U., Rin T., Illyasviel von Einzbern, Sakura M.
Jesus this guy both hates Shirou, and doesn't even understand the setting properly. It's like this fix was written purely to show how much "better" Naruto is as a protagonist. Not that it's really Naruto mind you...
 
Nightmare of the Empire By: Mach9330

For 1300 years, Emperor Vitiate went unchallenged. For 1300 years he schemed, subdued, and manipulated a meaningless war with an unfavorable result. Now one Sith will rise to challenge him and become the very thing he feared... his doom. It doesn't help that this boy is also someone he exiled from Zakuul. Sith Warrior Naruto. Eventual Naruto x Vaylin x Lana.
Rated: Fiction M - English - Naruto U., Lana Beniko, Vaylin T. - Chapters: 7 - Words: 55,776 - Reviews: 93 - Favs: 299 - Follows: 315 - Updated: Dec 2 - Published: Oct 30 - id: 13107027
Why is it so difficult to write Naruto as an Old Republic Sith without making him an OC? I mean, Naruto is one of the most passionate characters in his setting, the only people more passionate than him are Lee and Gai.

If the Devil had a heart by Acoustic Ghost reviews
Venelana fell out of love with her Husband, Lord Gremory sometime after he gave their youngest and only daughter to the Phenex Clan for the shake of an Alliance. Not being able to stand it anymore she uses forbidden Magics to leave their Shared Dimension behind and find a new world. A world where she found Love in an Orange wearing Hero
Crossover - Naruto & High School DxD/ハイスクールD×D - Rated: M - English - Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 18,405 - Reviews: 141 - Favs: 549 - Follows: 678 - Updated: 7h ago - Published: Nov 27 - [Naruto U., Venelana G.]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that marriage Venelana's idea? At the very least, she was definitely in full support of it.

The expelled Jedi by fanwriter10101 reviews
Expelled by the Jedi Order, Naruto now finds himself alone. Now he searchers the Galaxy for his purpose. find out, as the expelled Jedi finds his purpose, will he lead the Galaxy into a new era of peace? Or will he spend his life as an unknown face in the vast Galaxy?
Crossover - Naruto & Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Rated: M - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 19 - Words: 42,144 - Reviews: 876 - Favs: 1,441 - Follows: 1,490 - Updated: Nov 28 - Published: Jan 10, 2016 - Naruto U.
The rewrite for this isn't actually that bad, since it actually takes the time to set things up, instead of jumping straight into things with no explanation, and expecting everyone to know the Backstory without sharing it.

The Devil Alchemist by Acoustic Ghost reviews
(Update) Now that Sona has been freed from her Contract with Riser Phenex she can get back to Ruling over Kuoh and live in peace... At least that was the plan. Forces are mounting that may threaten her short lived Victory. The Devil Alchemist might want to keep his wits about seeing as one of those forces has ties to his past.
Crossover - Naruto & High School DxD/ハイスクールD×D - Rated: M - English - Supernatural - Chapters: 18 - Words: 46,060 - Reviews: 460 - Favs: 999 - Follows: 1,221 - Updated: Nov 27 - Published: Sep 10 - [Naruto U., Serafall L., Sona S., Tsubaki S]
Too much character bashing and random characters from other series added for no reason.

Devil Game by Houkaru Kisaragi reviews
Did God really seal 666 during the Great War? Or was the Beast of Apocalypse too powerful to be completely sealed away? That is a secret only one Naruto Uzumaki knows, and it is a secret that may very well heralds the end of all worlds.
Crossover - Naruto & High School DxD/ハイスクールD×D - Rated: M - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 9 - Words: 71,207 - Reviews: 1895 - Favs: 3,040 - Follows: 3,440 - Updated: Jun 23 - Published: Aug 13, 2015 - Naruto U., Rias G.
Frankly, my biggest issues with this, are that they turned Gabriel into Hinata and that all the Goverments are basically evil. Well, more so than they were in the source material.
 
Blake's BAD-boy dad by The Swordslinger reviews
Naruto Uzumaki, orphan of Menagerie under a Faunus named Sarutobi's care. One fateful day, two cute cat girls were in trouble. Like any boy wanting to be a true manly man, he saved them. As a 37-year-old, he's a BAD-boy, a term given to Bad Ass Dads in media. Blake can only hope and pray he doesn't make too big a mess. Yang's question is "Who's the DILF?". Naruto x Kali and Hinata.
Crossover - Naruto & RWBY - Rated: M - English - Adventure/Humor - Chapters: 4 - Words: 26,989 - Reviews: 117 - Favs: 896 - Follows: 1,074 - Updated: Dec 21, 2018 - Published: Aug 15, 2018 - [Naruto U., Kali B., Hinata H.] Team RWBY
I can not find a single redeeming quality thing in this, which is weird since I usually like this guys stuff.
 

Nanya

Well-Known Member
Why is it hard to do Naruto as a Sith, you ask, Masta?

Because the Sith are the "Bad Guys" and Naruto's a "Good Guy".

And I've been playing too much Neptunia 3 Victory as I heard Plutia saying Bad Guys and Good Guys when I wrote that. XD
 
That's why I specified "Old Republic" Sith since you could be a "Good Guy" by trying to improve things for the people of the Empire.
 

Nanya

Well-Known Member
You know that, I know that, but people who barely understand Star Wars don't know that.
 
You'd think people who were just copy/pasting the storyline verbatim would know that.
 
Well, the be fair, on the whole the Sith Empire can be pretty damn dark. Openly, I mean. The Old Republic can be just as monstrous, but every one seems to think its 'okay' for them since they're the 'good' guys as it were. And, generally speaking, a great deal of Sith were jack asses in the Empire except for some notable exceptions (Malgus, while a prick, was a very pragmatic and intelligent one), but for the most part the majority of Sith you interact with are fucking lunatics.

Baras betraying the SW at a crucial point in his plan? Just wait until he became the Voice officially then off him. Thanaton was a bit more believable, in that he's so hard core conservative/traditional he'd drown a baby if it aligned with ancient Sith teachings. I don't think I need to mention Jadus, who while my favorite, was pretty effing evil.

Marr was awesome, though.

Short of throw away Sith you only hear a little bit about here and there, and the NPC Sith talking as you walk by, you really don't get a sense the Sith are anything but evil bastards anyway. Not true, obviously, I tended to play my own SW as a samurai/honor above all kind of guy, which usually led to LD choices (Not completely, obviously).

As for the DXD Venelana thing - I'm not sure if it was her idea, but I do believe she pursued it and made sure it would come to fruition. Honestly you can play with that short of thing, if it's detailed it's more as a side note and it's interesting to introduce changes even if they are minor like that. This being said, if the summary is to be taken at face value, I really can't see Venelana falling out of 'love' with Zeoticus and abandoning her daughter to her fate when she left their dimensional slice of hell. She'd abscond with her at the very least, if possible. (Haven't read the story, doubt I'm going to).

Anyway, yarp.
 

seitora

Well-Known Member
So this post is over a year old, I realise that. In any event, when I first started out reading Naruto fanfics, I was fairly neutral to NaruHina, even found it a little bit cute. After enough fics that had NaruHina in it, however, I started to despise the shipping, and mostly skipped over NaruHina fics unless I found the premise really interesting. It's not the ship itself that's bad, but how poorly the majority of fic writers put it in. There were a number of atrocious plot elements that would be deployed, such as Naruto seeing Hinata's boobs and going 'omgluv' or giving Hinata the mother of all instantaneous power-jumps to bring her in line with the heavy hitters of the main cast.

Then I grew up a bit and mellowed out some more so now I don't really mind the ship anymore.
 
Top