I figure if they're going to do live-action movies, they need to go all the way with character costumes. Those hairstyles had better be 1:1 faithful to the anime characters, which means gravity-defying spiky hair all over the place.
The marketing game seems to be on point for this movie. I've heard the (conspiracy) theory that the first movie's first rendition with the terrible CG mockups was deliberate to hype up some attention. I still don't believe that, but damn the initial mock-ups still seems at odds with how the marketing has killed it since then.
The filmmaker, who also directed Dwayne Johnson films “Skyscraper” and “Central Intelligence,” is attached to direct and co-write a “Voltron” movie in a package that is currently fielding offers from multiple studios. Todd Lieberman and David Hoberman (“Beauty and the Beast”) are producing with Bob Koplar of World Events Productions, the company that holds the “Voltron” rights.
Thurber is writing the screenplay with Ellen Shanman.
The “Aquaman” and “Dune” star is in talks to join a live-action movie based on the massively popular Minecraft video game, which is the best-selling game of all time with more than 238 million copies sold since its release in 2011.
Jared Hess, known for directing “Napoleon Dynamite,” “Nacho Libre” and more, will helm the film. Mary Parent and Roy Lee will produce, and Jill Messick will receive a posthumous credit for working on the film prior to her death in 2018. Jon Berg, Cale Boyter and Jon Spaihts will executive produce. Mojang Studios, the Swedish video game developer behind Minecraft, will produce via Lydia Winters and Vu Bui.
The streamer is in negotiations to pick up the live-action take on the 1980s anime, with Red Notice filmmaker Rawson Marshall Thurber attached to direct the feature.
It is unclear if it would be Thurber’s next project. Red Notice, released in November, stands as the biggest Netflix original movie of all time, according to the streamer, which said it racked up 364 million hours of viewing in its first month. Thurber is writing and planning to shoot back-to-back sequels, but those are still in development.
In an Instagram post on Wednesday, the actor and producer revealed that the film’s title will be Fast X. Diesel also captioned the photo of the movie’s title logo as “Day one…,” which confirms production has started on the franchise’s tenth installment.
The film’s title is just the latest announcement about the upcoming movie, which is being directed, as well as produced, by longtime franchise helmer Justin Lin. It’s currently slated for theatrical release on May 19, 2023.
The first of a two-part finale, Fast X is expected to film back-to-back with the original series’ final installment, though the Fast universe will continue on through a series of planned spinoffs.
Paramount Pictures and eOne announced that the film has been dubbed “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves.” The official title treatment was released with a video set to epic music and posted to the film’s social media accounts. With a release date set for March 3, 2023, the title reveal marks the official start of the film’s (publicity) campaign.
Directed by Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley, the film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, Justice Smith, Sophia Lillis, Chloe Coleman, Daisy Head and Hugh Grant.
Mario creator and game designer Shigeru Miyamoto made the announcement himself, on Twitter, through Nintendo of America's account. Miyamoto said he and his co-producer on the film, Illumination CEO Chris Meledandri, made the decision to delay their Mario movie.
The Super Mario Bros. movie was slated for a Dec. 21 theatrical release. Its new April 2023 release puts it out of the way of another highly anticipated film, James Cameron's Avatar 2, which is supposed to hit theaters on Dec. 16.