Square-Enix

seitora

Well-Known Member
Playing Bravely Default, the first game. Damn long.

I like the UI in some aspects, but c'mon. I REALLY have to trudge all the way back to town just to heal up?
 

LORD_ARM

Well-Known Member
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9etDALRc54&t=1041s[/video]
 

Ordo

Well-Known Member
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/SSI8quC-XRE[/video]
I kind of agree....I'll dive Noctis off a skyscraper and use warp to land safely....but I also put on a damn seat-belt when I drive.
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
Can anyone tell me what the Deluxe Edition of FFXV has over the normal one, and whether I should pick it over the other version? I just got a PS4.
 

MastaofBitches

Well-Known Member
AoMythology said:
Can anyone tell me what the Deluxe Edition of FFXV has over the normal one, and whether I should pick it over the other version? I just got a PS4.
A copy of the Kingsglaive movie, and possibly the Royal Raiment DLC outfit.
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
MastaofBitches said:
AoMythology said:
Can anyone tell me what the Deluxe Edition of FFXV has over the normal one, and whether I should pick it over the other version? I just got a PS4.
A copy of the Kingsglaive movie, and possibly the Royal Raiment DLC outfit.
Oh. Then, I'm better off with the normal version.

Thanks.
 

MastaofBitches

Well-Known Member
AoMythology said:
MastaofBitches said:
AoMythology said:
Can anyone tell me what the Deluxe Edition of FFXV has over the normal one, and whether I should pick it over the other version? I just got a PS4.
A copy of the Kingsglaive movie, and possibly the Royal Raiment DLC outfit.
Oh. Then, I'm better off with the normal version.

Thanks.
Pretty much. You get a costume, which is admittedly pretty useful since it grants unlimited stamina, a car decal which looks pretty good, and the Masamune greatsword, which you'll stop using once you find the greatsword next to the bones.
 

MastaofBitches

Well-Known Member
The movie did a better job at representing it's protagonist.
 

Ordo

Well-Known Member
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6e_YTfV2w8[/video]
 

sikle

Well-Known Member
FFXIV is a great game, and has a wonderful community... But it kind of feels a little too, well, strawmanned? I can't really come up with a better word. Not too sure how Red Mage will play out, really. It's always been a jack-of-all-trades figure, and XIV is very much so a role playing game. If it doesn't fit neatly into the standard slots, it may well have little real utility.
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
I'll ask straight out: in FF XV, is there a way to make Prompto take a shot of Cindy's cleavage? :) (Edit: along with the face, preferably.) Any way to earn lots of AP early on would also be appreciated.

(Yes, I did order the game, after all. It arrived this Monday.)
 

sikle

Well-Known Member
AoMythology said:
I'll ask straight out: in FF XV, is there a way to make Prompto take a shot of Cindy's cleavage? :) (Edit: along with the face, preferably.) Any way to earn lots of AP early on would also be appreciated.

(Yes, I did order the game, after all. It arrived this Monday.)
Never had much luck with Prompto's photography. I'd swear the ditz hasn't got half a clue what 'Glare' is.

As to AP, if you can wait until chapter three, there's a pretty easy way. Buy the whistle from the Regalia shop and use that just north of Hammerhead. Warp kill the scrubs that show up for easy AP. Also works beautifully with the Shield you get as part of the royal arms.
 
first pic of his I saw was a profile one of Cindy, including breasts, but didn't save because my brother was watching me play. Thought it was a standard first pic and only the others were from my actual game luck?
Want to play it more, but my brother (the ps4 owner) lent it to a friend...
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
sikle said:
AoMythology said:
I'll ask straight out: in FF XV, is there a way to make Prompto take a shot of Cindy's cleavage? :) (Edit: along with the face, preferably.) Any way to earn lots of AP early on would also be appreciated.

(Yes, I did order the game, after all. It arrived this Monday.)
Never had much luck with Prompto's photography. I'd swear the ditz hasn't got half a clue what 'Glare' is.

As to AP, if you can wait until chapter three, there's a pretty easy way. Buy the whistle from the Regalia shop and use that just north of Hammerhead. Warp kill the scrubs that show up for easy AP. Also works beautifully with the Shield you get as part of the royal arms.
Thanks. Do you mean Chapter 4, though? No such Item has shown up for purchase, and I'm in Ch.3 now.
 

sikle

Well-Known Member
AoMythology said:
sikle said:
AoMythology said:
I'll ask straight out: in FF XV, is there a way to make Prompto take a shot of Cindy's cleavage? :) (Edit: along with the face, preferably.) Any way to earn lots of AP early on would also be appreciated.

(Yes, I did order the game, after all. It arrived this Monday.)
Never had much luck with Prompto's photography. I'd swear the ditz hasn't got half a clue what 'Glare' is.

As to AP, if you can wait until chapter three, there's a pretty easy way. Buy the whistle from the Regalia shop and use that just north of Hammerhead. Warp kill the scrubs that show up for easy AP. Also works beautifully with the Shield you get as part of the royal arms.
Thanks. Do you mean Chapter 4, though? No such Item has shown up for purchase, and I'm in Ch.3 now.
Probably, sorry. I purchased it around chapter five or six, don't really recall too well. It wasn't in the game at the start, I think it was included in a patch about a week or so after. Or I only installed the patch a week or so after... Actually just finished the game, to be honest. Doing the post-game dungeon crawl now.
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
sikle said:
AoMythology said:
sikle said:
AoMythology said:
I'll ask straight out: in FF XV, is there a way to make Prompto take a shot of Cindy's cleavage? :) (Edit: along with the face, preferably.) Any way to earn lots of AP early on would also be appreciated.

(Yes, I did order the game, after all. It arrived this Monday.)
Never had much luck with Prompto's photography. I'd swear the ditz hasn't got half a clue what 'Glare' is.

As to AP, if you can wait until chapter three, there's a pretty easy way. Buy the whistle from the Regalia shop and use that just north of Hammerhead. Warp kill the scrubs that show up for easy AP. Also works beautifully with the Shield you get as part of the royal arms.
Thanks. Do you mean Chapter 4, though? No such Item has shown up for purchase, and I'm in Ch.3 now.
Probably, sorry. I purchased it around chapter five or six, don't really recall too well. It wasn't in the game at the start, I think it was included in a patch about a week or so after. Or I only installed the patch a week or so after... Actually just finished the game, to be honest. Doing the post-game dungeon crawl now.
It must have been patched again (or your memory is, indeed, faulty), because I was given the Beast Whistle automatically, for free, after progressing in the story-quests a bit. In your defense, though, it was still in Chapter 3 (I think!), so I stand corrected in that regard.

Edit: Yes, that DOES mean I have prioritized the hunts and sidequests over the main story. Not that I would progress fast either way; not enough free time for that.
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
Has anyone gotten the impression that Gladiolus goes too far with his 'tough love'? It makes him seem more manly, I get it - but to me, he eventually comes across as an annoying asshole who needs a reality check much more than Noct ever did.

(Edit: Please no spoilers beyond chapter 11-ish. I just got Leviathan as a summon and had a 'character death', so ***** dying isn't a spoiler to me.)
 

MastaofBitches

Well-Known Member
Gladiolus is a prick. When I get to sick of him, I just use the Train function in the camp to kick his ass for a while.
 

sikle

Well-Known Member
Yeah, impression I got was he tries to be a macho super-bro and when he fails he gets pissy at himself and then takes that out by blaming the people around him.
 

AoMythology

Well-Known Member
Did anyone else find the boss at Costlemark Tower underwhelming? Those evolved Thunder Bombs (don't remember their name), as well as the Red Giants along with the Nagarani (sp?) nearly ripped me to pieces more than once, but the boss went down like a chump rather than a champ. I even finished it with a Warp-Strike, getting 1 AP, to put insult to injury.
 

MastaofBitches

Well-Known Member
AoMythology said:
Did anyone else find the boss at Costlemark Tower underwhelming? Those evolved Thunder Bombs (don't remember their name), as well as the Red Giants along with the Nagarani (sp?) nearly ripped me to pieces more than once, but the boss went down like a chump rather than a champ. I even finished it with a Warp-Strike, getting 1 AP, to put insult to injury.
I found it a little challenging, only because I was underleveled for the Dungeon.
 
Top