[Comic] Miscellaneous Ideas Topic

scriviner

Well-Known Member
nixofcyzerra said:
Is... Is Spidey the western equivalent of a Harem Anime Protagonist?
Even before those tropes were codified, I think. :p

But this just seems to be one of those things that happens when a character's been around long enough. If you look at past dating/kissing histories for people like Daredevil and Batman and you'll see similar patterns. Hell, Superman, who's been linked to Lois Lane for the majority of his career has a long list of conquests or at least people interested in him... and prior to the reboot, possibly a porn film starring him and another man's wife floating around somewhere. They were mind-controlled, but still!
 
Also, pre-Crisis he would have married his cousin, were it not illegal on Krypton.
 

goldenarms

Well-Known Member
scriviner said:
Hell, Superman, who's been linked to Lois Lane for the majority of his career has a long list of conquests or at least people interested in him... and prior to the reboot, possibly a porn film starring him and another man's wife floating around somewhere. They were mind-controlled, but still!
You know, as terrible at the setup for that was, I'd ship Supes/Big Barda.
 

TC_Hazard

Well-Known Member
nixofcyzerra said:
Is... Is Spidey the western equivalent of a Harem Anime Protagonist?
Well, as has been said, superheroes end up with a number of past love interests due to to how long they have been around.

That said, Peter has iconic love triangles and Ultimate Peter was pretty much in a harem situation. He had girls living in his house. He had other girls who went to the same school who were also interested in him. Bendis was really embracing the whole "everyone loves Spidey" thing.

Then he died.

Sidenote, Kitty had fantasies about marrying Peter.
 
TC_Hazard said:
nixofcyzerra said:
Is... Is Spidey the western equivalent of a Harem Anime Protagonist?
Well, as has been said, superheroes end up with a number of past love interests due to to how long they have been around.

That said, Peter has iconic love triangles and Ultimate Peter was pretty much in a harem situation. He had girls living in his house. He had other girls who went to the same school who were also interested in him. Bendis was really embracing the whole "everyone loves Spidey" thing.

Then he died.

Sidenote, Kitty had fantasies about marrying Peter.
AND she was the only one of the 3-4 girls present who'd been interested in Peter who had those fantasies. MJ and Gwen both thought about what sort of hero he'd be, but Kitty fantasized about their possible life together.
 

Ordo

Well-Known Member
Emerald Oracle said:
TC_Hazard said:
nixofcyzerra said:
Is... Is Spidey the western equivalent of a Harem Anime Protagonist?
Well, as has been said, superheroes end up with a number of past love interests due to to how long they have been around.

That said, Peter has iconic love triangles and Ultimate Peter was pretty much in a harem situation. He had girls living in his house. He had other girls who went to the same school who were also interested in him. Bendis was really embracing the whole "everyone loves Spidey" thing.

Then he died.

Sidenote, Kitty had fantasies about marrying Peter.
AND she was the only one of the 3-4 girls present who'd been interested in Peter who had those fantasies. MJ and Gwen both thought about what sort of hero he'd be, but Kitty fantasized about their possible life together.
Kitty was robbed....
 

Deathwings

Well-Known Member
Venom is starting to become an obsession for me but I can't help it. Now I'm imagining the symbiote going down the list Spidey's past conquests and trying to determine which one it should bond with to get the best shot at seducing Peter.

I still can't believe there isn't a single story where Pete kept the black costume instead of freaking out for no good reasons.
 

nixofcyzerra

Well-Known Member
Dogbertcarroll's a fan of the Venom symbiote, but hasn't written anything with a major focus on it.
 

Antimatter

Well-Known Member
Random idea that i'm sure has been done before:

It's 1967, and the Vietnam war is raging. A few months after his 18th birthday, a young Clark Kent receives his draft notice. He tries for an educational deferment, but seeing as hes from a poor farm family, he doesn't have the money to attend university yet, and thus gets declined. Realizing hes going to have to go, he enlists as a medic in the army.

This is partially inspired by how Superman got out of service in WWII by accidentally fairing an eye exam, and later losing a war game against the US army, signifying that they didn't need him.

But here, Clark Kent doesn't fail out, he has to go, but chooses a non violent means of participating.
 

Prince Charon

Well-Known Member
If this double-posts, I'm gonig to be quite annoyed.

A creepy guy who is stalking Barbara Gordon decides that the best way to get her to like him is to kill the Joker. This is not going to go well for him, methinks.
 

orumon

Well-Known Member
Hello, longtime lurker here, names Orumon.

One of the things that always perturbed me was how the Reed Richards is declared useless (which is a generalization to begin with). This, combined with how his developments are never used to the benefit of humanity at large (Interstellar travel? Interdimension physics?) led me to believe that it's was not so much that Reed was useless, but his discoveries actively repressed (when it was revealed that Reed is paid a ton of cash to simply keep his inventions under wraps it made sense, even if it offended me on principle).

Another was how the comics were changed to be contemporary to the present day, despite that fact that some people like Reed were around in WWII (according to some of the really old comics from the sixties).

I've always wondered what would happen if we set a reboot of the marvel comics in the nineteen sixty era, but rather than tech advancing at our worlds rate, it advances much faster due to the relatively unrestricted influence of the likes of Tony Stark, Reed Richards and the rest of the genius level heroes. How would that era of human culture react to the early onset of the information age? How would heroes cope as surveillance technology creeps up at a far more rapid rate that they encountered mainstream? Lastly how would the the aforementioned geniuses react to how they're altering the fabric of human society?
 
Top